Snyder Memorial Baptist Church
Maintenance and Custodian Supervisor (MACS)
The MACS assures that the facilities are clean, safe, well-maintained, properly set up and comfortable for worship services, regular Sunday and weekday ministry activities, and special events. He or she schedules and supervises the custodian team and works cooperatively with Ministers, Area Directors, Ministry Assistants, and outside vendors and contractors.
The MACS is a salaried full time Area Director. He/she reports to the Church Administrator, and may also receive guidance from the Maintenance or Grounds Committees.
- Understands and values church ministries and programs; Snyder member preferred.
- Physical ability to walk, lift, pull, carry, bend, reach, climb ladders, etc.
- Valid NC driver’s license with clean record; CDL helpful
- Supervisory experience in hiring, scheduling, coaching/correcting employees. (5 yrs. exp. preferred).
- General working knowledge of facilities, equipment, and systems such as lighting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, security/alarm, elevators/lifts, roofing, cleaning equipment and supplies, walls, ceilings, flooring materials; direct experience preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude; able to perform basic maintenance, adjustment or repair to plumbing and electrical fixtures, door hardware, walls and floors, cleaning equipment; knows when to call in professional help
- A high school graduate or equivalent; college or trade school degree preferred.
- Computer proficiency with email, HVAC and security monitoring programs, time clock, church calendar and database programs, Word; Excel helpful.
- Ability to estimate costs of labor and materials needed to accomplish tasks and to monitor budget reports to verify expenditures are within budget
- Christian character, professional yet friendly and approachable
- Organized, thorough, detail-oriented, good communicator
- Cares for employees while holding them accountable for work performance.
- Represents the church positively to staff, members and outside vendors and contractors
Salary and benefits:
- Salary is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
- Paid annual leave: 2 weeks’ vacation, 9 holidays, 7 sick days, 2 personal days.
- Employer *paid premiums for medical, dental and life insurance.
- Employer *paid retirement of 10% annual salary.
- Cell phone provided; use of church maintenance van for work-related tasks
* All are per the church personnel policy; some exclusions or waiting periods may apply.